Here’s what adventures we’ve been having this week, and what Nookie has been learning:
* Playing with her “water thing” (as she calls it).
* Reading lots and lots of books together, especially Disney’s Dumbo, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back and Disney’s The Aristocats.
* Watching lots of films, particularly Toy Story I and II. Also watching lots of Scooby Doo (as always).
* “Decorating” her bedroom with books (or throwing them in frustration – whichever you prefer).
* Going to a soft play centre with her friend Harry; learning more about sharing and how to hold a conversation with other children.
* Helping mummy to do the washing up and to change the bed sheets.
* Playing chase and fetch with the dogs.
* Playing doctor with (a very patient) dog.
* Going to the supermarket with mummy and helping to put items into the trolley and onto the conveyer belt.
* Making and decorating cupcakes together.
* Going to a play centre with our friend Tanya. Pretending the whack-a-frog (?) whacker is a microphone and singing into it.
* Singing lots of songs together and playing musical instruments, often in a marching band up and down the house.
* Climbing the step-ladder a lot.
* Playing on daddy’s wheelchair; wheeling herself around on it.
* Pretending monsters are chasing us and hiding under the bed covers.
* Playing with the cats; with a sock tied to some wool on a garden cane. (Cat fishing)
* Helping mummy to chop vegetables for dinner.
* Playing apps on my iPhone, especially a game where different animals repeat what you say to them in a funny voice.
* Going to a children’s museum together. Exploring all the exhibits and activities…
* Talking about lots of different subjects. She’s starting to ask lots of questions, especially “what’s that”. We’ve even had a couple of “whys”.
* Playing with her Scooby Doo figures, Toy Story figures and dolls house every single day.