Busy busy busy. We’re always busy learning and living. Lately I’ve been trying to save some money so I’ve restricted our activities a bit and we’ve spent a lot of time at home or at the local park. Which is cool. We’ve also visited lots of friends and met some new ones too. Here’s what Nookie has been doing and learning over the last week or so:
* Seeing a full-sized globe in a shop and having a look at it. Pointing out where our country is in relation to the world.
* Helping me to pick out a birthday present for someone.
* Riding up and down the house and garden on her scooter, making me chase her.
* Watching YouTube videos about dyeing eggs.
* Having her (very detailed) book about the human body read to her. Discussing how bones work and what kidneys do.
* Playing with her Scooby Doo and Peppa Pig toys, castles, houses and vehicles.
* Taking her toy dog to the park and making him go on all the equipment.
* Listening to Gorillaz and singing along.
* Watching Peppa Pig and Scooby Doo.
* Playing at the park with all her friends.
* Doing some jigsaws together.
* Building with wooden blocks.
* Having sword fights and shooting “zombies” with her toy gun.
* Visiting our town centre and looking around the market.
* Looking around a graveyard with her Nannie at all the “dead peoples’ graves”.
* Meeting a newborn baby for the first time. Talking about how small babies are and that they can’t eat food or sit up or hold things yet.
* Practising writing letters in a workbook she got with a kids magazine.
* Practising counting in the same workbook.
* Cutting out shapes with plasticine.
* Playing with musical instruments.
* Helping me to cook dinner by chopping vegetables and grating ginger.
* Watching YouTube videos about Play Doh sets.
* Watching old Betty Boop videos on YouTube.
* Sticking stickers all over her new scooter to jazz it up.
* Cutting and sticking shapes from a kids magazine.
* Playing with Play-Doh.
* Pretending to make meals for us all with her toys.
* Improvising a skate park with an empty water-play toy and making her little toys with scooters and skateboards ride around it.
* Experimenting in the bath with funnels, different shaped cups and various other containers. Making whirlpools in the funnel.
* Exploring the park: looking at berries growing on bushes and trees, various fungi growing on the ground, and different plants. Picking blackberries.
* Playing games on the CBeeBies website, mostly The Big Bug Show.
* Watching Laputa Castle in the Sky over and over.
* More practising writing letters and numbers in a new workbook (completely of her own accord).
* Making a Play Doh man using a skull-shaped cookie cutter and adding bits to him.
* Singing along to music with her music player and microphone.
* Taking an evening walk to the shop and talking about the most random things, from what bricks are used for to why I sometimes shout. Both buying sweeties at the shop and eating them on the walk back home.
* Discussing how to cross roads safely and practising it over and over.
* Building a skeleton from a set she got for her birthday.
* Watching Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea over and over.
* Having teddy bears picnics with her new food play sets, toy kitchen, and various toys and teddies.